Sunday, January 23, 2011

Plumbing Pipe Diagrams

passion for

Abstract: http://tbbfanclub.blogspot.com/2011/01/blues-in-teatro-la-prima-impressione.html

The review comes to innovation and research of different sounds, the desire to involve the public a variety of arousing emotions. From my point of view I can say I was proud to be one of the architects of this success. Especially with regard to the "guitar". After
became an integral part of the life of Treves Blues Band, first as founder of the fan club, then as curator of the various sites, blogs, Facebook, Myspace, etc.. Are also able to appreciate me for my talents of "chitarraio. I do not define your own maker, because they are not. If anything, big fan, almost a fetish, a 6-string electric instruments! The guitarist of the Treves Blues Band, Alessandro Gariazzo was immediately trusted me and one day has given me his "No. 1", an incredible Gibson Les Paul Gold Top 1971 (mini humbucking).


say that if I was him I would not have entrusted some of the first that happens, but it was so, and that was how our association began.
is a bit 'when they teach you how to swim jump into the water where you do not touch! I found myself in front of a piece of history. A guitar legend, not because of his name, and for the successes achieved by its owner on stages all over Italy. Tanned to throw away, dirty, worn out beyond belief and "infirmities" due to extreme age and very difficult to solve. I did everything to fulfill the trust placed in me that Alex had. I gathered information, I bought the right tools and did everything possible, even the impossible to meet this great man.
followed suit, the second "job", even more challenging and disturbing: Heritage H-526.

Here now the challenge was launched. More than anything else to myself. And again I was able to accomplish the mission. In practice, the extreme use of instruments and low maintenance always leads to apparently insurmountable problems for those guitarists (very good) that do not have adequate experience put in the hands of their instrument.



Loose Screws, handles no longer adjusted properly, unpacked setup, instruments that do not take the tuning keys, misaligned, so many nice words "flaws" to be resolved without going to damage ' uniqueness and prestige of the guitar.
To complete its range of sounds, for the concert last night, Alex has also brought along my last "patient", a Stratocatser early 1990, that entrusted me because it is no longer used for many years and in need of a "refreshed".


In fact, despite the Fender are my daily bread, this layer was the biggest challenge I had to accept. I soon found out at first sight of something strange: the handle misaligned with respect to the body and of the strange screws used to fasten the same handle (head cut instead of the cross). After disassembling horrified! The screws used were those given the standard plugs that came with "Fisher" that are used to attach the brackets to the walls, the pieces of plastic had been "drowned" with the glue inside the handle probably due to the previous total strip the threads in the same. A relatively rudimentary, made by the previous owner about twenty years ago. The glue used had been "cooked" and the fisher had crumbled with disastrous consequences for the general layout of the poor layer. I also discovered the reason for the span: a misuse of the criminal and the limit of adjustment "Microtilt" in this guitar is equipped with (guys, if you do not know the co'รจ Microtilt not put any hand, please!)
At the end with so much love, patience, a vertical drill, four cylinders of Canadian maple, glue for violin and sweat of the brow (not so much for the effort but for the fear of failure) have also managed to fix this little girl.
The concert last night was the culmination of all my efforts. I stood on the sidelines auditorium in Nova Milanese, who was sweating watching and listening to those three guitars that sounded heavenly ... ...
a satisfaction that is priceless!

A big thanks to Renato Cifarelli for photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment